Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Longboarding

While I don't think Longboarding will ever over take Skateboarding in popularity, it is certainly gaining ground. Taking the line of surfing on concrete to a whole new level are companies like Original and Loaded that are pushing the sport to the limits. With professional riders now Longboarding as their primary extreme sport and more new tricks being developed the sport is going places never before thought possible.

I have three longboards and am currently progressing into more trick oriented riding. Starting out with an Original Torpedo 40 I've had a load of fun cruising and carving on the board. Next I stayed with Original and managed to grab one of their hard to find, due to their popularity, Apex 34's. Now as I'm quite a tall guy, this board was just a little too short for my liking, but I have managed some cross-stepping and hippy jumps on the rather small deck.

The Loaded Tan Tien is my latest board which I chose as it has been specifically designed to advance freestyle and trick riding on longboards. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but plan on spending most of next week on it! I'll be sure to let you guys know how it rides and will be posting a video review on YouTube! Stay rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment